Last week I showed how I added the border and was tying/quilting the crazy quilt. Well I am done and now have to attach the false back to hide the mess. Before started that part of the process, I thought I would share a photo so you can see what I mean by mess.
As I said at the time these stitches are NOT seen from the front. As each stitch is hidden behind a bead or button.
Yesterday afternoon I finished doing this. I then pressed the fabric I am going to use for the false back, it is the blue fabric you can see on the edge. I laid it out, and pinned the quilt sandwich to it ready for the next stage.
So now you can see it on the table looking much as it did last week but there is a lot of hidden work between the back and the false back.
Now I will catch the false back to the quilt at the point of each diamond. Then make the binding and bind the quilt. Not much more to do.
Here is the finished quilt click on the image and you will taken to larger photo. I hope you enjoy seeing it.
The back story
If you are interested in the back story of this quilt and seeing photos of each block as it was made browse the posts in the Diamond block crazy quilt category
Posts on How to assemble a Crazy Quilt which include;
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 1 – Trimming the blocks, joining and a construction technique that means the seams sit flat.
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 2 – Working in Sections
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 3 – Tying the quilt sandwich with no stitches visible from the front and adding a border
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 4 – Adding a false back
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 5 – Catching the false back and binding.
Online Crazy Quilting Classes:
Just a quick reminder for those who are interested in taking a class with me. You will find all my classes listed under the top tab imaginatively titled Classes online you will also find information on how online classes are run.