TAST week 2 highlights

Once again its time to make a cuppa, settle down to browse and learn by seeing what others have done with this weeks challenge stitch Buttonhole.

Again I had real trouble picking out highlights from the collection of stitches that people worked last week. However there are a couple this week were real stand outs as the approach was so creative I am sure you will agree me.  I hope you enjoy seeing what I have featured.

Well someone in the comments said that  “I still have not got the right fabric” but who said anything about fabric!

Swing over to Chittle Chattle for the full post on buttonholing this. It will be interesting to see when the skin dries out!

Zaz in Sweden is stitching on wood!

Konnykards is mixing fabrics on a sampler.

Another person working with cloth along side paper is Lin of Lin’s Arty Blobs

Another person mixing foundation cloth is Tenar of Tenar’s Cave.

Over on Silk and Stitch you can see a freeform sample worked on felt.

I really took pleasure in this simple elegant approach over on Borduublog

Another simple approach with a European aesthetic is found on Jenaissance

Finally over on Threads and Patches there is this lovely motif.

I hope you have enjoyed this TAST highlights feature. Tomorrow there is a new stitch!

Further information on the FAQ page

If you need further information on the challenge a list of stitches covered so far or directions on how to participate please visit the TAST FAQ page.

You can read back through TAST articles by browsing Challenges –  Take a Stitch Tuesday category

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to TAST week 2 highlights

1. Lynn Sletta says:

Loving seeing everyone’s work! So much creativeness! Posting my photos on the Facebook page and hoping my mojo shows up overnight! Ha!

2. Karen Mundt says:

I am a little late in catching up- my photo of this stitch is on my Flickr site (mistakenly title 'Blanket stitch' http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkmundt/6775201377/

3. veronique says:

super ce deuxième point vivement la suite,merci sharon
    je l'ai mis sur mon blog : lebonheurdebroderchezverobrode.over-blog.com

4. konnykards says:

I am so pleased to be amongst so many talented embroiderers and greatly appreciate having my Button Hole Stitch highlighted. Thank you Sharon.
    Maybe I'm the oldest person taking this challenge, at 76, but no one enjoys it more than me and it's never too late to learn!
    Connie

5. Rose says:

Some very unique entries! Hope to have more time soon to spend looking at all the beautiful work. Here's my post for the blanket stitch! http://www.therosejournal.blogspot.com/

6. Bonjour Sharon et merci pour ce choix de réalisations si créatives .je suis ravie de partager cette aventure et d'apprendre autant tout en admirant .
    Bonne semaine et à très bientôt

7. Ty.Jecyka says:

Very nice choices…it'll be difficult to make them…Thank you for these discovers!

8. TeriK says:

I love the orange! In fact, I love them all. It amazes me how many ways the same stitch can be used!

9. Nathalie L says:

I look all work, and all work is fantastic, thank you Sharon for your Time and the TAST.

10. Tabitha O. says:

Wow such unique talent, absolutely amazing!

11. Jen says:

There are so many beautiful entries that I missed! So pleased to be highlighted. Thank you Sharon! 🙂 ?

12. FlowerLady says:

I have been so inspired by all of the stitchery and wonderful use of the stitches. This is a thrilling adventure and I am happy to be part of it.

It would be hard to pick out the pieces for 'highlights' that is for sure.

Thanks again Sharon for your work in doing this.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

13. Dianne says:

My buttonhole sample (a small scene) is a work in progress. See it, and the story, on my blog here: http://dinkydideequilts.blogspot.com/2012/01/inspirations-tast-week-2.html