I have been decorating my stencils!

I was contacted by a very well known crazy quilter (she will fall about laughing when she reads this) She asked if I had thought about making my cq templates, still transparent but coloured. I answered I had but it was going to cost more. In order to keep the costs down I selected a clear plastic. Of course I asked why and she told me so they don’t get lost on the work table.

stickers on stencilsWell … I could not imagine losing the templates so to be honest did not think too much about it. Then the other day sure enough I was working and could not see for the life of me the template I was using! I turned everything on the table over, looked under things and generally got annoyed. Then bingo I saw it next to my coffee cup. Ha! it was payback for feeling smug.

Serves me right, but I smiled and decorated my templates with some cheap stickers. Floral ones to remind me of the person who made the request (she likes floral motifs) and so I can find them easily on my work table!

It works … honest.

25 Responses to I have been decorating my stencils!

1. Marianne Squire Maszer says:

I love your stencils, thanks for the tip !

2. shirley says:

Ha Ha, That is a good idea. But I lose books. Although if I ring one of my friends and ask if I loaned lost book to them it will always turn up… somewhere that I had already looked here too.

3. sharonb says:

I am chuckling away here at everyones comments!

4. Julie says:

Brilliant idea…my niece and nephew are currently decorating mine with an always-able-to-be-found mixture of fairies and dinosaurs…

5. MaureenC says:

My (several) work areas always end up looking like a mad woman’s breakfast, so I make a point of sliding my templates into the envelopes and cover you sent them in……..But hey I can still manage to misplace the A4 sized folder that the templates and notes are stored in.
    Another object to hang pendant-wise around my neck????

6. Joyce in NM,USA says:

LOL! Sounds just like me. Especially when embellishing I lose things right in front of me. I also have put stickers or tape on my clear rulers etc. Glad to see it isn’t just my addled brain!

7. Maureen Bond says:

Your blood’s worth bottling Sharon for that idea. I thought it was just my faulty eyesight. I have some wee Christmas stickers that are just right for the stencils.

Have a great day.
    Maureen

8. Merle Rawson says:

What a great idea I just found No.3 after 4 days of searching. It was sitting on the work table right next to me. I think I will get fishies.

9. kristie Watson says:

I color mine with permanent marker Orange my favorite color. I learned this after losing a VERY EXPENSIVE long – arm ruler that I use all the time. I still haven’t found that darn thing for over 2 years.

10. vania cardoso says:

I didn’t get the stencil that I bought. You have an expected delivery?
    Vania.

11. Marci Hainkel says:

Must buy stickers!! I’m keeping my stencils in a folder that has the printout – but anything can happen when I take them out to use them.

12. A brilliant solution! I will add stickers to mine before I pack them today for vacation. πŸ™‚

13. Ann Bernard says:

What a great idea. I have a few clear plastic geometry templates and will stickate them. Glad you had such a great trip in Europe.

14. Gayle Schipper says:

Thanks for the first laugh of my day! πŸ™‚

15. Judy Cooper says:

That is a good tip – logical – why didn’t we all think of doing that πŸ™‚ ?

16. Allys says:

Allie Aller sprang to my mind:) Thanks Sharon – a. for keeping the cost down b. for the handy hint above.

17. Belinda Sweeney says:

Oh no!! Im laughing too but they will turn up when u not looking then u will find them but you know that already so i will go check mine are where i left them eek
    Love n hugs always

18. Haha.. sounds like Allie Aller to me…?

19. Anneliese says:

Now, this is wonderful, I am laughing. I am even marking my rulers like that, with red circles – it is so helfpful.

20. Wendy says:

Well lucky you two! I bought a set, put them in a safe place and can’t find them!!!!! Turned the place upside down. Not happy Jan!!!!!! Laugh or cry stuff ……… lol

• Carol Harper says:

I know what you mean! I bought a set before Sharon went traveling and then couldn’t fid them. Turned my craft area upside down to no avail. So, when she returned, I bought another set. Then, i stumbled on the first set, safely stored in a place I swear I searched before! I keep mine carefully folded in the flral papers they came in now!

• joanne says:

I did the sAme bought them immediately when they were offered and then lost them. Found them recently and placed them with other templates so I know where they are when I need them. Too funny we all have too much going on,but that is a good thing.Joanne