« Crazy Quilt Block 80 pattern

I dropped the button box crazy quilt

I dropped button box quilt quilt

As part of an ongoing series of articles on Pintangle I am drafting out and giving away the pattern for each of the blocks that make up this quilt.

Full details about the I dropped the button box crazy quilt and and links to each pattern are on the CQ details FAQ page

7 Responses to I dropped the button box crazy quilt

1. Lynda Harrison says:

Gosh it really is wonderful, something of which to be very proud. Thank you for sharing all that has gone with the production of this gorgeous piece of work – the blocks and the stitches- I have learnt so much and enjoyed every aspect of your messages. Thank you very much.

2. karin furtkamp says:

Jan (June 11) expressed so well the things I often think. Sharon your CQ is wonderful and we are lucking the internet gives us the opportunity to see your wonderful creations and learn from your teachings.
    With a bit of luck, and ladies like you, Sharon, the trends will do a full circle and handmade crafts will make a comeback and that the future generations WILL treasure what someone has made and left behind.
    In the mean time, no matter what happens, crafters should just do what makes them happy….
    Thanks again Sharon for giving me the inspiration to take up my needle and threads again.

Thanks Karin I hope you do keep stitching as obviously that is one of the key reasons I keep this site- thanks for a lovely comment it is wonderful to have such positive feedback

3. Jan says:

I am truely amazed at detail and workmanship you have put into this quilt. Oh to have the hands that could work like this before I was blessed with RA and other autoimmune diseases. Still I think I will try the patterns with less detail by hand. May our Creator continue to bless you and your workmanship. May your family respect your creations after you leave this mortal coil. It breaks my heart to see the lack of respect that later generations don’t accept the responsibility of in the years to come.
    As I told one woman who wanted to cut in half a hand worked English Garden summer bed quilt, ” I hope your mother haunts you for this sacrilalige. You should honor your mother gifts to future generations not destroy them. Write her name and dates on a label at the back and give it to a member of the family who will treasure both works you have with you.” Am I being selfish?? I don’t believe that many children of whatever age develop that level of respect unless we encourage it from an early age.

4. kristina colon says:

I love this quilt!! The embellishments are just beautiful!!

5. carolyn elrod says: