« Work in Progress Wednesday

Seaside embroidered panel in progress

work in progress for seaside embroidered panel

20 Responses to Seaside embroidered panel in progress

1. Marny CA says:

Although I haven’t done any embroidery for a very long time, and I don’t know where my sampler quilt is (yet) in the garage, it is with joy that I watch all that you have done and continue to accomplish.

I hope you don’t mind that I’m here as an observer who loves creativity.

2. Renee says:

I love your current embroidery piece. The flip flops are fantastic, and the texture of the surface embroidery is wonderful!

I forgot to link up with the post I made on Wednesday. It is here:

3. Beth in IL says:

This looks just lovely. Loved the sumptious embroidery class. Need to go back over my notes as I have a project that will need those ideas.

4. Rhonda says:

It’s that time of year…sun, sand and waves. You have captured it so well. It seems to me you have had some great times and wonderful memories of the beach. The thongs are supurb. Stunning work as always.

5. Margo in Denver says:

Love this. It is beautiful, but I really admire the way that your fabric is laying flat without significant distortion even with all of that embellishment and the bullions. How do you keep the distortion from happening–especially on linen? Maybe the answer wil be in your book, which I am looking forward to!

Margo
      My book is about crazy quilting so the answer wont be there but it is no mystery I always use a hoop that is all –

6. Marianne Squire Maszer says:

Sharon, this is going to be truly lovely. I like Anneliese remember your wonderful sumptuous surfaces class. It is so realistic, yet so artistic. Is your summertime approaching? Have a wonderful season. We are having an arctic chill during our autumn in NJ, USA.

7. Beth says:

Intriguing! Love the colors and all the rich stitching. What stitch did you use for the flip flops?

8. Allie Aller says:

Wonderful, Sharon! Taking the time out to play with no agenda sometimes yields the best work, don’t you think?

9. Barbara M says:

This is great, Sharon. You have really captured the holiday feel with this!

10. Anneliese says:

Sharon, this will be beautiful and the kind is so familiar to me thanks to the sumptuous surface class.

11. kristie Watson says:

Sharon this is stunning. I can’t wait to see it finished. Are you giving a blow by blow on the stitches you are using or anything else you are doing to the piece? If you have been doing it – I’ve been MIA due to a lotta work and not alotta time disease. I’d swear it wasn’t contagious but I know a lot of stitchers who have it. I will try to follow this piece …again it is stunning already!

HUGS Kristie

HI Kristie they are more or less the same stitches as my Sumptuous surfaces class. I am not running the class any more – but it the same design process