Block 85 is a sober softer coloured block in bronze and brown tones. It is a bit of mish mash of stuff but I like it. When I started this quilt I aimed to use as many unique pieces of fabric, lace, braids, charms, and buttons on the quilt as possible. Why? It is a Y2K quilt.
For fun I have been keeping a tally of the item count. I hope I did not make a mistake when I stitched these blocks, as after all this time it will be mighty embarrassing to discover my count was out!
Anyway here are the details and free pattern for block 85.
- Piece 1: synthetic mix from a recycle blouse
- Piece 2: Silk
- Piece 3: It is totally covered by buttons but it is soft furnishing fabric!
- Piece 4: A metallic after five/costuming fabric
- Piece 5: A metallic after five/costuming fabric
- Piece 6: Synthetic soft furnishing fabric
- Piece 7: Synthetic polly
- Piece 8: Synthetic soft furnishing fabric
- Piece 9: under the lace is cotton
- Fabric: 9
- Lace, braid and ribbon:3
- Buttons and charms: 14
- Total items on this block: 26
- Total tally of items on the quilt so far: 1620
Each block is listed on the CQ details FAQ page.
Like what you see here?
Have Pintangle delivered to your inbox! when I update
Keep in touch with my newsletter! which is written every few weeks with a summary of what has been happening or when there is BIG news to share
or another option
Follow Pintangle on Facebook