Seasons Greetings

Seasons greetings photoI wanted to take time out and wish my readers the best for the holiday season.

Like my readers I am preparing for the Holidays. Not only have we been doing the usual gift shopping and cooking but when we came back from our recent trip our garden had turned into a jungle. For those in the northern hemisphere just a reminder I am in Australia. It’s our summer and our garden is in full growth! Downunder the holidays usually entail outdoor entertaining. While we were away we had one of the wettest Springs on record which meant the grasses were out of control when we came home. Not only did we need to blitze the yard for visitors, but when grass and weeds stand as high as me it is major fire risk too. So to cut a long story short I have been very busy since we returned!

What is coming up next Year?

To be honest I am not sure yet. Of course the big news is that my book The Visual Guide to Crazy Quilting Design will be out mid year. It is currently in the hands of the publisher. I can’t explain how excited I am about this. I know everyone says it is exciting but it really is! I think about it and get a big silly grin on my face. I try not to look like an idiot … but there you are.

Next year I will continue to run the TAST challenge as so many people enjoy it. I cant quite believe how many people on facebook follow TAST – but to my total delight, they do. I really love the creative interpretations of some of the stitches that I propose. It gives me a tremendous thrill to see what people do with the stitches I propose.

A little news about a Stitch along …

There is a stitch along that my readers will be interested in. It is being run by Pam Kellog of Kitty and Me Designs. Pam calls it the Never Ending Sampler Stitch Along, and posts several designs each week. There are no rules, no time frame, work in any colour or with any thread you choose, and participation is free. You can work at your own pace, skip when life gets busy or if a band does not take your fancy then it’s OK to skip. (This sounds like just the sort of stitch along I like!)

Pam is working in panels that are 6 inches wide recommending that people use 14 count Aida or 28 count evenweave over 2 fabric threads. Regular readers will know that my band sampler is 6 inches wide. Later in the year I plan on interspersing some of Pam Kellog’s patterns with my own designs and experiments on my own band sampler. I thought I would give readers the heads up as the designs are really nice – check them out here. As I have said they can be worked evenweave fabric or if you use waste canvas you can incorporate them in crazy quilting.

Travel tales

Thanks for the photo goes to Jerry who took it while we were on our trip. He is currently writing up our travel tales on his blog The Fogwatch. If you are interested in our 800 km walk (500 miles) across Spain, retold with pics, make a cuppa and  pop over there and check it out it was and amazing life changing experience that I am still thinking about!

17 Responses to Seasons Greetings

1. Loretta says:

Hope your new year is off to a wonderful start! Looking forward to your book’s release this year 🙂

2. Sally L Murray says:

I just ordered Set one of the templates and paid with paypal. Could you please check and see if you received the order and also there should only be one order, not 2 of set #1. There was also a note that the e-book was not available. Thanks for your assistance

3. Juno says:

Wishing you and the rest of your family a wonderful Christmas.
    I am so enjoying Jerry’s posts and photos. 🙂

4. Marthie du Plessis says:

Sharon,
    Merry Christmas wishes to you and yours from a warm, sunny South Africa.
    Thanks for your dedication and hard work throughout the past year.
    Looking forward to the new year full of wonderful things that you are sharing with us.
    A happy and friutfull 2017

5. Maureen Bond says:

Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.
    Thank you for all the work you do to encourage and teach so many people around the world. I have learned so many things by following your lessons.
    Thanks to both you and Jerry for sharing the fabulous trip photos and stories that went with them. Most enjoyable.
    Congratulations on publishing the CQ book. I’m another who can’t wait to see it.

I hope 2017 brings all you both wish for..and a bit of time for the weed culling.

6. Pam Kellogg says:

Wishing you a wonderful and Merry Christmas Sharon! And thank you for everything! Pam

7. velia says:

May this Christmas be happy and merry. May the New Year bring you love, hope, joy, good health and Prosperity to you and yours.
    Thank you for all the wonderful things you teach us to make our lives happy and productive.

8. NORA says:

Merry Christmas from New Mexico, USA!! We have a tiny bit of snow this morning. Hope it continues. Thanks for all the knowledge you have passed on to all stitchers.
    NORA

Thanks for all inspiration this year and of course our chat in Amsterdam. Wishing you and Jerry a Merry Christmas and a happy 2017.

10. Anneliese says:

The best to you, dear Sharon and Jerry, for Christmas time and the New Year. Enjoy your warm Christmas. White Christmas will be in our region in 1000 m high they told on the meteo. .

11. lin says:

Have a lovely Christmas Sharon. xx

12. Ann says:

Thank you for all your hard work throughout the year, I hope to start on TAST in the new year so I’m pleased you are carrying on with it.

After all your gardening work I hope you have a relaxing and happy time over the coming holiday.

Take care,
    Ann.

13. yvette says:

happy hollidays Sharon!

14. Lainie Windust says:

Hi Sharon
    just wanted to say hi. I have not been to Australia. I live in Dorset UK on the coast. My parents now well into their nineties have been 4 times for 3 or 4 months at a time and they loved it so much they wanted us to move there!

Anyway I really love all your wonderful TAST postings. My year has not been great with deaths in the family and my Mum has Alzheimer’s and my 95 year old Dad is her main carer so I have had no time for much inspired sewing at all. But I hope to find or make time for my self in 2017 so please keep up your wonderful work and I wish you much success with your lovely book! Seasons greetings to you and Jerry!

15. MA says:

Merry Christmas wishes to you and yours Sharon! Can’t wait for the book and I know exactly how excited you are.

16. Thank you Sharon! And Congrats. Merry Christmas to you and yours!