I would like to introduce block 6 in the I dropped the Button Box quilt. I hope people will enjoy seeing it in more detail over the next week or so.
Once again this small block has 9 pieces of fabric in it.
- Piece 1: Polyester found in a swatch book
- Piece 2: Polyester found in a swatch book
- Piece 3: Cotton found in a swatch book
- Piece 4: Cotton from Libertys in London
- Piece 5: Silk from a dress found in a second hand shop
- Piece 6: Polished cotton found in a swatch book
- Piece 7: Velvet
- Piece 8: Cotton found in a swatch book
- Piece 9: Polyester cotton found in a swatch book
As I have explained before this quilt is a Y2K quilt which is made up of 2001 different elements. My definition of an element was either a different fabric, lace, braid, charm, buttons or ribbon. So far this is the count
- Fabric: 9
- Braid: 1
- Lace: 2
- Buttons: 10
- Total items on this block: 22
- Total tally on Quilt so far 124
What is the story?
This regularly published series aims to illustrate and document the hand embroidered seams, embellishments and decorations on my crazy quilt I dropped the button box. All articles are categorised in the projects under Crazy Quilt details which enables readers to browse back through the series.
Free Crazy quilt block patterns
In the process of documenting the seam decorations on this quilt, as I get to each block I am diagramming it out for readers as a free crazy quilt pattern. Links to these free pattern pages are listed on the CQ details FAQ page.
I have released the block patterns and stitch ideas for non commercial use but I retain all copyright. Please attribute the work to me, and link back to this blog. You may not take whole articles from this series and republish online. Link please don’t republish.