If you are looking for stitch tutorials Check my Stitch Dictionary first
Tutorials and Resources for hand embroiderers.
What hand embroidery supplies do I need? A comprehensive article explaining what you need to start out.
How to bind and use an embroidery hoop This article covers not only binding a hoop but, what size to use and how to tension it for surface embroidery.
12 Surface Stitches for Beginners This is a direct PDF download You need Acrobat reader to read it.
Tutorials and Resources for crazy quilters.
A tutorial on how to work decorative crazy quilt seams this is a comprehensive tutorial that I converted to a pdf file (a link to the download is in the article) When I converted it I realised how comprehensive it was. At 19 pages of information it is a resource worth investigating!
For free crazy quilt block patterns visit the CQ Details FAQ which houses links to series of articles.
Also in my stitchers tutorials I have written a series of posts on How to assemble a Crazy Quilt includes
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 1 – Trimming the blocks, joining and a construction technique that means the seams sit flat.
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 2 – Working in Sections
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 3 – Tying the quilt sandwich with no stitches visible from the front and adding a border
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 4 – Adding a false back
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 5 – Catching the false back and binding.
Studio Journalling Tutorials
- From Studio Journal Design to Embroidery: A file cover part 1
- From Studio Journal Design to Embroidery: A file cover part 2
- From Studio Journal Design to Embroidery: A file cover part 3
- From Studio Journal Design to Embroidery: A File cover part 4
How to make fabric from scrap thread (what I did with the contents of my Orts Jar)
Products I use (I am not affiliated nor was I paid to review these items)
Grip-n-Stitch embroidery frame review
Don’ want to miss out ? Follow Pintangle and have it delivered to your inbox
You can have Pintangle delivered to your inbox by using the follow feature in the sidebar. Just enter your email address, and when you get the confirmation email make sure you say yes and you are all set! If you are on a mobile or tablet you will need to scroll to the bottom to find the follow feature.
Have you seen my Stitchers templates?
As a stitcher who loves crazy quilting and embroidery I designed these templates with other stitchers in mind. With my Stitchers Templates you can create hundreds of different patterns to embroider on your stitching and crazy quilting projects. They are easy to use, totally clear so you can position them easily and they are compact in your sewing box.