Sorry sold out and fully booked. Leave a comment if you want to go the waiting list for the next class.
This class will commence on 13th February 2013
Encrusted Crazy Quilting offers students the opportunity to learn how to piece, develop and heavily hand embellish a crazy quilt block with hand embroidery and beading. Along the way we explore different embellishing techniques while solving design, composition and colour issues.
This class is suitable for beginners to intermediate crazy quilters.
In this 6 week course and I cover fabric selection and block assembly in process discuss colour and applying basic composition tricks to a crazy quilt block. Building on basic hand stitching techniques, developing combination stitches is covered. Motif selection, size, balance and placement is discussed. Different possible hand embroidery techniques and treatments such as silk ribbon embroidery and using textured stitches are introduced.
How the eye on a journey by using composition and design elements and building up visual texture. Working with lace, ribbons and braids and building up texture working with buttons and beads.
If you want to know how online classes run a description is on the Classes page. Don’t hesitate to contact me about the class if you have more questions.
- Rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat.
- A sewing machine used to piece the block all other stitching is hand work.
- Prewashed calico (Muslin in the USA) 15 inches by 15 inches
- A mix of fabric scraps a mix of 10 to 15 pieces approx 6 x 8 inches in size from after 5 wear such as glitzy fabrics, synthetics, satin, or rayon velvet, taffeta silks, brocades, metallic fabrics etc. Avoid heavy weight fabrics such as thick velvet, upholstery weight tapestries, heavy corduroy, and heavily waxed cottons.
- Scraps of ribbon, fine trims, scraps of cotton lace, that will sit with your fabrics well, no need for anything longer than 8 inches.
- Assorted seed beads, bugle beads and a selection of assorted small novelty beads that are co-ordinated to go with your fabrics. Nymo or Silamide beading thread. Beading needles if you require them.
- Dig into you button box and find buttons that look interesting.
- A selection of hand embroidery threads, in fine and medium weights, such as fine silk, pearl cottons, novelty and textured yarns in colours that will sit with your fabrics.
- A selection of Silk ribbon in 2mm, 4mm, 7 mm and 13mm widths in colours that do not clash with the fabrics you have chosen.
- A packet of crewel needles in mixed sizes
- Milliners needles in mixed sizes also in mixed sizes
- Beading needles
- Mixed packet of tapestry needles
- Mixed packet of chenille needles (for silk ribbon).
- Notebook, ruler, and quilters marking pencil that is easily removed from your block.
- Regular sewing equipment
- Embroidery hoop
$60.00 US for 6 lessons
13 February 2013
- Lessons are in PDF format and you will need Adobe reader to view them. The PDF reader is provided free by Adobe from the Acrobat reader site
- You need to be able to join and access the yahoo class group
- You need to be able to down load files of up to 10 megs from the class area
- If you want feedback on your work you need to be able to share a photo in the class area.
Special Important stuff … PLEASE read before you buy.
I only accept Pay Pal.
Please make sure your paypal email address is correct as that is the one I will use to contact you.
If you want me to use another email address tell me. When you place the order fill in the “Instructions to the Merchant” field.
Please make sure my email is not blocked by your spam filter (sharon dot boggon at gmail dot com)
Please re-read the information about how online classes are run so you know what you are buying.
All classes are conducted in English.
Please note once the classes have started and you have downloaded the lessons there is no refund on a digtal product.
When I receive your order I will respond to you paypal email within 24 hours. If you do not hear from me something has gone haywire, check your spam box and make sure you haven’t tossed me out, and my email is not there please contact me so we can sort it before the class starts.
Sorry Sold Out
Once the class is purchased you have a place. It it that simple.
If you are interested in information abut this class and others you may want to join my announcement only newsletter. Sharon B’s Stitching News is used to let people know about challenges, community events, classes and really, really good stuff!