If you are looking for stitch tutorials Check my Stitch Dictionary first.
Tutorials and Resources for hand embroiderers.
What hand embroidery supplies do I need? A comprehensive article explaining what you need to start out.
How to bind and use an embroidery hoop This article covers not only binding a hoop but, what size to use and how to tension it for surface embroidery.
12 Surface Stitches for Beginners This is a direct PDF download You need Acrobat reader to read it.
Tutorials and Resources for crazy quilters.
A tutorial on how to work decorative crazy quilt seams this is a comprehensive tutorial that I converted to a pdf file (a link to the download is in the article) When I converted it I realised how comprehensive it was. At 19 pages of information it is a resource worth investigating!
For free crazy quilt block patterns visit the CQ Details FAQ which houses links to series of articles.
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 1 – Trimming the blocks, joining and a construction technique that means the seams sit flat.
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 2 – Working in Sections
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 3 – Tying the quilt sandwich with no stitches visible from the front and adding a border
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 4 – Adding a false back
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 5 – Catching the false back and binding.
Studio Journalling Tutorials
- From Studio Journal Design to Embroidery: A file cover part 1
- From Studio Journal Design to Embroidery: A file cover part 2
- From Studio Journal Design to Embroidery: A file cover part 3
- From Studio Journal Design to Embroidery: A File cover part 4
How to make fabric from scrap thread (what I did with the contents of my Orts Jar)
Products I use (I am not affiliated nor was I paid to review these items)
Follow Pintangle and have it delivered to your inbox
You can have Pintangle delivered to your inbox by using the subscribe feature in the sidebar. Just enter your email address, and when you get the confirmation email make sure you say yes and you are all set!
If you are on a mobile or tablet you will need to scroll to the bottom to find the subscribe feature.
Have you seen my book?
My book The Visual Guide to Crazy Quilting Design: Simple Stitches, Stunning Results shares practical methods about how to design and make a crazy quilt. I teach you how to balance colour, texture and pattern, in order direct the viewers eye around a crazy quilted project. I show you how to build decorative seam treatments in interesting and creative ways using a handful of stitches. My book is profusely illustrated as my aim is to be both practical and inspiring.