With the fourth block (placed on this grid ) documented I am now up to the fifth which is another that is to be found in the I dropped the Button Box gallery. I hope people will enjoy seeing it again in more detail.
How I managed a small block like this with 9 pieces of fabric on it I am not sure but I did! It was of course in order to help make the number of 2001 elements
- Piece 1: Quilters cotton scrap from a quilt I made Eve (my daughter ) which was a gift for her 18th birthday.
- Piece 2: Polyester cotton mix found in a swatch book scavenged from a curtain shop here in Canberra.
- Piece 3: Polyester found in a swatch book
- Piece 4: Cotton
- Piece 5: Velvet
- Piece 6: Quilters cotton scrap from a quilt I made Eve
- Piece 7: Cotton covered with lace
- Piece 8: Quilters cotton scrap from a quilt I made Eve
- Piece 9: Polyester from a blouse found in a second hand shop
As I have explained before this quilt is a Y2K quilt which is made up of 2001 different elements. My definition of an element was either a different fabric, lace, braid, charm, buttons or ribbon. So far this is the count
- Fabric: 9
- Lace: 2
- Buttons: 9
- Total items on this block: 20
- Total tally on Quilt so far 102
What is the back story?
This regularly published series aims to illustrate and document the hand embroidered seams, embellishments and decorations on my crazy quilt I dropped the button box. All articles are categorised in the projects under Crazy Quilt details which enables readers to browse back through the series.
Free Crazy quilt block patterns
In the process of documenting the seam decorations on this quilt, as I get to each block I am diagramming it out for readers as a free crazy quilt pattern. Links to these free pattern pages are listed on the CQ details FAQ page.