A group for people who want to learn about Fabric books!

screenshot of a group for people who want to learn how to make Fabric booksNews! I have started a Facebook group for people who want to learn about Fabric books.

Fabric books are called all sorts of things fabric art journals, textile books, fabric collage books, quilted journals, cloth artist books, fiber books, what ever you want to call them. This facebook group is about books made from fabric, felt or mixed media journals that mainly incorporate textiles. Fiber or cloth has to be the dominant material used to make the book. This excludes art journals or paper journals as there are plenty of groups for those folks online.

People with all skill levels are encouraged. So don’t be put off if you have never made a fabric book you will soon learn by hanging around this crowd. The idea is learn together and share tips and advice, photos of progress and projects, and pool our knowledge so everyone can learn and develop their skills in this area of textile practice.

If you are interested follow the link and apply to join the Facebook Fabric Books group. At the time of writing there are already over 300 members and some very talented people in the group I have a hunch this will be an interesting and dynamic textile group that stir the creative juices constantly. So spread the news and join if you think it might be your thing.

Follow Pintangle and have it delivered to your inbox

You can have Pintangle delivered to your inbox by using the follow feature in the sidebar. Just enter your email address, and when you get the confirmation email make sure you say yes and you are all set!
If you are on a mobile or tablet you will need to scroll to the bottom to find the follow feature.

SaveSave

SaveSave

23 Responses to A group for people who want to learn about Fabric books!

1. Donna says:

I’m so excited about this! I have been wanting to try the TAST challenge but I didn’t want to start it until I understood how to make it into a book/journal. Knowing I can keep them all together and use it as a reference will be my inspiration for completing all of the stitches. Thank you!

2. Lilliana Gold says:

I am hoping you will allow me to be a member so i have a focus and no excuse not to start doing, rather than dreaming. I have only recently learnt the pursuit of perfectionism is beyond a rational attempt to do something well, but is instead a paralysing anxiety . Mistakes are part of learning and gaining knowlege and
    I intend to start creating, “celebrating” mistakes as part of the process.
    With thanks for all your sharing, Lilliana.

3. Pat Crawford says:

How exciting! I just sent in my request to join your Facebook group. Looking forward to learning all about making fabric books. Thanks!

4. Maria Maia says:

I love making fabrick books but don’t have enough know-how . Now I’llreally learn. Thank you

5. sharonb says:

For those that are interested in joining the group follow the link to the facebook group and join –

6. mathurin Eliane says:

je veux bien participer à cet atelier, très bonne idée
    France
    Eliane

7. mathurin Eliane says:

très belle idée
    Je veux bien participer à cet atelier

8. Rhonda Simonis says:

Love to join in

9. Susi Frastein says:

I have an ideal as to what it mig be, but I should like to Lean. I am an ambroiderer in Denmark.

10. Anne Tisell says:

Yes please Sharon

11. Janie O'Brien says:

absolutely interested

12. Maureen Woltersdorf says:

Yes I will be interested in this. Great idea

13. Norma says:

At last! I love making fabric books when time permits so would love to be part of this group

14. micheleD says:

I soule to try the expérience. I.m not expert with embroidery but I can follow ….and many be try. Thank you

Michèle from France

15. Maureen Cross says:

I have made a couple of fabric books and have another in the making, just love making books. Nice to be in touch again, took a few of your online workshops some years ago.

16. Patti Paquette says:

Never tried this before but looks like lots of experience out there to lean on. Excited to start something different.

17. Anneliese says:

I could assemble all my swatches finally in one book – I need the kick-off and the inspiration so I think your group can help me a lot. Thank you, Sharon, for this new idea.

18. Lynne Gifford says:

So excited! Such a good idea, I’m looking forward to learning, I love stitching but have never made a fabric book, I can’t wait to see what others are making. Thank you for starting this group X

19. Barbara Russ says:

Wonderful news! I am a keen embroiderer and also have the Diploma of the Society of Botanical Artists. I have made a marriage between these two arts in my small fabric books. I exhibit locally very frequently, but despite many requests never want to sell or part with any of my pieces. I gift occasionally to special people who will appreciate the nature of the gift. Very best wishes on your venture, and I do so hope you will accept my application to join your group.

20. Tricia Hill says:

Thank you for allowing me into the group. Looking forward to seeing what people are making .

21. Tammy says:

This is such a wonderful idea! I have seen some fabric books from afar and have been very curious ever since. I am excited to join the group. I want to learn how to make them.

Will you have tutorials for the beginner?