This is block 43 of the I dropped the button box quilt. This crazy quilt block is in pinkish tones. One thing most people notice about it is that it has the corner of an embroidered serviette on it.
Over the next few weeks I will focus on each seam and embellishment and I hope you will enjoy the series.
- Piece 1: Polyester from recycled clothing
- Piece 2: Furnishing Fabric of a cotton synthetic mix
- Piece 3: Furnishing Fabric of a cotton synthetic mix
- Piece 4: Furnishing Fabric of a cotton synthetic mix
- Piece 5: Furnishing Fabric of a cotton synthetic mix
- Piece 6: Cotton from recycled garment
This crazy quilt made up of 2001 different elements because it was created as an Y2K project. By element I mean, the quilt contains 2001 unique pieces of fabric, lace, braids, charms, buttons or ribbons used in it. All elements are different and you will not find a repeat of the same item used in the this quilt. The ongoing item count listed below represents the items used in the crazy quilt blocks documented to date in the crazy quilt details series.
- Fabric: 6
- Lace, braid and ribbon: 3 (I counted the serviette here)
- Buttons and charms: 12
- Total items on this block: 21
- Total tally of items on the quilt so far: 832
What is the story?
This regularly published series aims to illustrate and document the hand embroidered seams, embellishments and decorations on my crazy quilt I dropped the button box. All articles are categorised in the projects under Crazy Quilt details which enables readers to browse back through the series.
Free Crazy quilt block patterns
In the process of documenting the seam decorations on this quilt, as I get to each block I am diagramming it out for readers as a free crazy quilt pattern. Links to these free pattern pages are listed on the CQ details FAQ page.
I have released the block patterns and stitch ideas for non commercial use but I retain all copyright. Please attribute the work to me, and link back to this blog. You may not take whole articles from this series and republish online. Link please dont republish.