Work in Progress Wednesday Block 31 still going

crazy quilt block in progressWell I have not had a lot of time to stitch this week but post my progress anyway. I have been  faffing around in a most frustrating manner. Trying to decided if I want to do this or that, pulling out bits of lace and thread and beads etc having all over my room but not actually making  decision and actually stitching! I am sure every stitcher has had times like that.

Anyway click on the image and you we see a larger version.

I thought I would share a close up of what I have done. I am using woven chain stitch to create these leaves. They are fun to do but a little bit time consuming.

crazy quilt block hand embroidery detail

In case your wondering about the frame I have the block on I am still using it and really like it. I wrote a review of the Grip-n-Stitch embroidery frame review here.

All the lace on it is vintage lace I was given “towards my next quilt” and I wrote about it here.

You will find all the other blocks in the Lace Quilt category

Join in Work in Progress Wednesdays and leave a comment

If you have made progress on a large project leave a comment with a link to your site. If you include the http bit of your web address in the comment it will become a link and folks can visit and see what you have done.

If you want to know more about Work in Progress Wednesdays visit the FAQ

All my Work in Progress Wednesday reports are under that category.

Tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Work in Progress Wednesday Block 31 still going

1. Liz Eph says:

I really like this. I’m glad you didn’t do just anything but worked for the better ideas to come.

2. Frankie Lynch says:

I enjoy your emails/website so much. I appreciate your design details with such beautiful work. I have little use of my left arm so I am slow trying all these sititches and they don’t turn out just right all the time. You are my inspiration. Thanks so much

These leaves are very pretty, I like the colours of the thread.

My progress is here:

4. Angela says:

I wasn’t overly productive this past week but I did manage to do a little something.

5. The leaves are looking great in this thread. I think this will be another of my SSE-course stitches!!

The last spurt of the bias tape quilt:

6. Marci Hainkel says:

I will have to try those leaves, they look so good. This week I went to a quilt retreat (accomplished lots of laughing and talking) and after I got home needed to work on my daughter’s birthday presents. Hopefully, next week I’ll be back to CQ.

7. Barbara/Hopscotch says:

Lovely shaded thread, Sharon, it really helps the darker patch to blend in, doesn’t it?

8. Karen says:

The block is gorgeous. I am inspired to try one myself.