Work in Progress Wednesday Block 38 done

OK I am late this morning because I have been unwrapping birthday presents. Jerry gave me  a Wacom drawing tablet! I have yet to use it, but I am itching to play with it. Not only that, but we have a cool change and the temperature is comfortable. What more could I want?

Lace Quilt Block  38Anyway back to stitching before I side track myself chattering on about Illustrator and drawing with stylus instead of a mouse – which is what I have done for years.

I want to share my work in progress for this week. I have finished block 38 of my next quilt.  Stitching this block was like pulling teeth, but am am pleased to report it is done so the project has progressed a little more towards completion. Click on the image to see a larger version of the block. I hope readers enjoy it.

I think I am a little tired of the quieter colours and am itching to break out into some brighter more jewel tone colour schemes but unfortunately this quilt is mainly muted colour schemes. Maybe  I need to make a bag or a purse of something!

You will find all the other blocks to this quilt in the Lace Quilt category

Join in Work in Progress Wednesdays and leave a comment

If you have a stitching project you want to share leave a comment with a link to your blog  flickr page, or website. If you include the http bit of your web address in the comment it will become a link and folks can visit and see what you have done.

If you want to know more about Work in Progress Wednesdays visit the FAQ. All my Work in Progress Wednesday reports are under that category.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Work in Progress Wednesday Block 38 done

1. Pamela says:

I worked on three big projects this week – here’s my progress:

Thanks!

2. Juno says:

Happy birthday Sharon. Hope you had a wonderful day. Here’s wishing you all the best for the coming year, full of joy and wonder.

A purse or bag? Sounds like a plan.

3. Radhika says:

A very happy birthday to you

4. queeniepatch says:

Sorry, I was so full of my own WIPW report that I missed the bit about your birthday. Many Happy Returns of the Day! What a lovely present; perfect for your design jobs.
    If ALL blocks were as soft as this one the entire quilt would be either quetly beautiful or slightly dull. However, I think it will be mixed in with blocks that stand out and cry for attention, so it will have a calming effect on the other blocks. The lace and trims are lovely, as is the stitching!

5. Jules says:

A very happy birthday Sharon! Hope you had a fantastic day!

6. sharonb says:

Thanks for the birthday wishes I appreciate them!

7. That tablet sounds fun! (I won’t ask how old you are…..LOL!!)

I understand what you mean about the colour scheme on your current quilt. It’s pretty, but I’d be longing to get in some yellows, greens and red-based colours too. It’s hard to keep to such a limited palette on a large piece. Yes, that’s a good idea, create a small pyschedelic piece to relieve the monotony.

Here’s my latest WIPW post:

8. Sylvia Schadler says:

Happy Birthday I hope your day continues to be great.

9. Barbara M says:

Hope you have a wonderful day and a successful year! My very best wishes to you, Sharon.
    Barbara
    Here’s this weeks progress.

10. Elizabeth says:

Happy Birthday! So glad I joined the WIP Wednesday group, I’ve made more progress this week than I usually make in two. I love the muted colours!

11. lorraine says:

Happy Birthday Sharon. My WIP project – not cq but a new journey into needlepoint – http://colourcomplements.com/2014/02/rainforest-crunch.html

12. A very happy birthday or as we say in Dutch: Hartelijk gefeliciteerd!.

I only did a little bit this week, spending nevertheless more than an hour! Here is my progress: http://borduurblog.blogspot.nl/2014/02/wipw.html .

13. Karrin Hurd says:

Happy Birthday Sharon. Hope you have a wonderful day!

14. Joyce says:

Happy Birthday and what a pretty block! Thanks to Annet for asking me to join in on the WIP Wed. since I my goal this year is to finish some UFO’s my first two this year were cross stitch projects but today I am showing a quilted wallhanging.

Happy birthday Sharon, I hope you had a nice day! And congrats on finishing your block, it’s very pretty. I like the color combo, but I can imagine it gets boring only working with these colours. Maybe you need a new pincushion or needlebook in different colours?

Today I wrote about my first WIPW finish of this year:

Wish you a very Happy birthday. I am having some personal problems, I ‘ll be able rejoin after that.
    Chitra

17. Angela says:

Happy birthday Sharon! I hope you have a beautiful and delightful day! My crazy quilt block for Feb. isn’t actually a block. I am trying something a bit different. You can see it at

18. Beth in IL says:

Happy birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day.

19. sharonb says:

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes – I had a great day with my new toy!

20. Deborah Love says:

Happy Birthday Sharon
    Lots of stitching and lovely blogs for the coming year

21. Beverlee says:

Happy Birthday. Its still very warm in Perth, but I don’t miss the cold of Canberra. My daughter, 17, who is an artist has a Wacom tablet and it is her most prized and used possession. What she does with it is stunning. You will find it just inspires you to create, as it does her

22. Anna says:

Happy birthday–It’s still your birthday here in icy Philadelphia. I’ve been working on this mermaid for my mother’s birthday. I’m hoping she’ll be done this month so I can have it framed for by April. http://stitchbitch.blogspot.com/2014/02/mermaid-update.html

23. Belinda Sweeney says:

Happy birthday and many many more
    Love. Hugs always xxoo

24. Marci Hainkel says:

Sharon, your block is beautiful, and if you are really tired of it you could send it to live at my house. Hope your day was happy.
    I’m glad to see so many posting progress, and so much eye candy. I have none to show, although I’ve been sewing a little on this project, a little on that.

25. shirley says:

A belated happy birthday to you Sharon, Hope you enjoyed your day, and are having fun with your tablet.