I cant quite believe that it is time to introduce block 7 (placed on this grid). Writing these posts about this quilt have fallen into a routine and they now seem to mark my days. Another block makes me aware of another block of time which has passed.
This is a pretty block which many people have said they like so I hope you enjoy the close description of it over the next couple of weeks.
As you can see this block is a 7 piece block
- Piece 1: Polyester cotton mix found in a swatch book scavenged from a curtain shop here in Canberra.
- Piece 2: Polyester after five wear received in a swap.
- Piece 3: Polyester scrap from a theatre costume
- Piece 4: Under the lace is cotton
- Piece 5: Polyester cotton mix found in a swatch book.
- Piece 6: Silk from a dress I made Eve (my daughter)
- Piece 7: Polyester cotton mix found in a swatch book.
As I have explained before this quilt is a Y2K quilt which is made up of 2001 different elements. My definition of an element was either a different fabric, lace, braid, charm, buttons or ribbon. So far this is the count
- Fabric: 7
- Lace: 3
- Buttons: 5
- Total items on this block: 16
- Total tally on Quilt so far 140
What is the story?
This regularly published series aims to illustrate and document the hand embroidered seams, embellishments and decorations on my crazy quilt I dropped the button box. All articles are categorised in the projects under Crazy Quilt details which enables readers to browse back through the series.
Free Crazy quilt block patterns
In the process of documenting the seam decorations on this quilt, as I get to each block I am diagramming it out for readers as a free crazy quilt pattern. Links to these free pattern pages are listed on the CQ details FAQ page.
I have released the block patterns and stitch ideas for non commercial use but I retain all copyright. Please attribute the work to me, and link back to this blog. You may not take whole articles from this series and republish online. Link please don’t republish.