Work in Progress Wednesdays

With the start of the Studio Journal class being today I have been very busy.

I do have a little bit to report as I have started on the next pocket for my hussif but as you can see it is barely a start with one seam embroidered but not yet beaded and a few bullion roses started for a motif. As you can see I dont mark out the motifs. I used to but now I just eye ball them and plan as I go.

Crazy quilted Hussif in progress

What have you done this week towards your stitching goals?

Leave a comment and let us know.
As a side note for those interested in the mini challenge:

The idea is that people design their own sewing caddy or hussif in any style of quilting or embroidery. The is no deadline.  I presented some informal guidelines here.
One of the challenges this year on CrazyQuilting International is to create a hussif you may want to combine the two challenges. If you are a crazy quilter and working a hussif dont forget my give away tutorial on how to work decorative crazy quilt seams

10 Responses to Work in Progress Wednesdays

1. Janie says:

Sharon, I like your trims.
    I have been busy too, but I managed to add some embroidery here,,
    I found a new crazy quilt resource….

2. Janie says:

I’ve added embroidery and beads and figured out where I want the daisy trim, that took a long time.. see it here

3. Angela says:

You have picked stunning colors! I have finished my June CQ block. A little late but …

4. Renee says:

Sharon, I absolutely LOVE the colors you are using for your hussif. The pocket is off to a beautiful start.

This week I made a bit of progress on my CQI Winter/Christmas wall quilt and on a few other projects as well. Here is the link to my WIPW post. As always – thank you for providing this weekly encouragement!

This pocket is lovely. my favourite is the ric-rac. eager to see it growing. I am lagging behind on my hussif, but finished the tunic border and added another project to WIPW!
    Time to save and read your lesson.

6. Maureen says:

I’ve added a little more to my hussif, which is at

7. queeniepatch says:

Only with few stitches your work is still stunning. It will be fun to see the Bullion roses grow.
    My meagre progress:

8. Progress for this week is now posted.
    Have a nice week.

9. Pamela says:

I’ve worked on my hussif this week and here’s how it looks so far –