I have worked 2 more blocks done for my Diamond block crazy quilt to show you.
This is a detail of the hand embroidery from the first block.
In this seam embellishment chevron stitch was worked to couch down ribbon. I then laced the chevron stitch with another ribbon. I added some detached chain, straight stitch and ribbon stitch to each bar of the chevron and finished it off with a few beads.
This is a variety of single feather stitch topped off with silk ribbon roses.
The other seam is a type of stepped threaded running stitch with beads in the gaps created by the lacing.
This is the second block completed this week. As you can see this is quite a simple crazy quilt block and sequins are stitched to the middle of lace flowers. The stem is scroll stitch.
As usual if you click on the images you can go to a larger version and when on that page click on the magnify glass icon in the top right to see things even larger.
The back story
If you are interested in the back story of this quilt and seeing photos of each block as it was made browse the posts in the Diamond block crazy quilt category
Posts on How to assemble a Crazy Quilt which include;
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 1 – Trimming the blocks, joining and a construction technique that means the seams sit flat.
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 2 – Working in Sections
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 3 – Tying the quilt sandwich with no stitches visible from the front and adding a border
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 4 – Adding a false back
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 5 – Catching the false back and binding.
Online Crazy Quilting Classes:
Just a quick reminder for those who are interested in taking a class with me. You will find all my classes listed under the top tab imaginatively titled Classes online you will also find information on how online classes are run.