It is Tuesday … time to stitch

Fly stitch sample 9
TAST2012logoAs I announced yesterday by popular demand the Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST) challenge will re-run! Yesterday after being caught on the hop by the popularity of this idea I re-wrote the page for Fly Stitch and added more samples so do check it out.  The first stitch on the TAST list to try is Fly stitch.

I hope you find the sample interesting and tempted to experiment a bit. This  page and pages like it will be incorporated into my stitch dictionary which I am in the process of moving here. I hope to add a lot more samples and eye candy to most stitches so this is the look and feel of what the rebuilt  stitch dictionary will look like.

How to join in

The challenge is for new hands to learn the stitch or if you are an experienced stitcher take the stitch and push it a little further in a creative manner. Stitch a sample,   photograph it, put in online on your blog, flickr site,share it on facebook or where ever you hang out online, and leave a comment with your full web address so people can visit and see your sample.

If you want to participate in TAST feel free to join in the comments on the Fly Stitch page, or join the  TAST facebook group. If you want details about the challenge you will find them on the TAST FAQ page

ADDED LATER – Gosh there are over 400 sign ups in the facebook group! I am a bit stunned at the response to this re-run.

Have fun! Hopefully there will not be too many tangles!

Subscribe to Pintangle and never miss a post

You can have Pintangle delivered to your inbox by using the subscribe feature in the sidebar.

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to It is Tuesday … time to stitch

1. I know we’re a bit late! But here is our post for week 1!http://dashaina.com/2015/11/tast-week-1/

As you know my 5 year old daughter and I are doing this together!

2. Ms Sharma says:

Here is the link to my samples- my first attempt.

I will be posting more samples

Thanks a lot
    Ms Sharma

3. HI Sharon,
    I have posted some samples of fly stitch used on various projects over the years.
    Chitra

4. Amy says:

Fly stitch is my first attempt at embroidery other than cross stitch, and I think it turned out okay!

5. I am interested in taking part in the TAST. I was trying to work out a way to do some experimental embroidery. The accountability will be great! I was going to start on my birthday the 25th, but starting early will help me get the system going.
    This week I was away (so already needing to catch up!)

I am not on facebook though. Apart from that, is there a place where you prefer links to be posted? in the comments like this?
    Sandy in the UK

6. Tenar says:

I found a recent fly stitch piece I have not yest shown.

I so enjoy browsing everybody’s blogs, thank you Sharon, and thank you to all other TAST participants.

7. Ms Sharma says:

Hello Sharon. I am so glad that TAST has begun again. Thank you so much. I love this group as there are no restrictions and we can jump in or jump out as we like.

But the most important thing for people like me is the motivation I get from this group, a chance to show case my creativity and also look at some of the most creative work.

I have been waiting for TAST to begin again. I am excited to be a part of this group.

Fly stitch is one of my favorite stitches. I will be posting my attempts shortly.

Thanks a lot once again Sharon and Bless you for sharing your expertise freely with us inspite of being so busy.

Ms Sharma

8. Hi Sharron,
    I am so glad TAST has started again. I now live in a more isolated spot and don’t get the chance to share stitching with others as often. Week 1 – Fly stitch is now on my blog.
    Thank you so much for starting this again.

9. Elizabeth Lanser says:

Great news re TAST – thank you. Can,t wait.

10. Elizabeth Lanser says:

So plesed you are doing TAST again – can’twait! Thank you.

11. Joan Sawyer says:

Waving from New York State, near Lake Ontario. This is my first online group and the first time I attempted fly stitch. I was intimidated by this stitch and can happily say I am no longer confused. I am looking forward to learning ALL the stitches during TAST.

12. Janie says:

Sharon, good idea! Look forward to seeing more.

13. Andy Lloyd Williàms says:

Sharon, it is so good to have Pintangle up and running again. Thank you so much for your time and expertise. Fly stitch is one of my great favourites: I even use two tiny ones face to face so to speak to make a tiny circle! I love your sample..

Incidentally the letter p at the beginning of my emàil should be lower case but the system doesn’t accept that!

Hi Andy – great to see you here and stitching along – only I see your email addy (privacy and when I click on it I have lowercase- so its a display issue)

14. Renee says:

Sharon, I look forward to starting at Week 1! 🙂 I do have a question. I tried to see if there was any info about how you prefer we share our stitches on the FB TAST group. Should we share a link to our blog post? Start an album of our stitches? Or just post a picture to the feed? Thanks so much for the time you are putting into this!

HI Renee thanks heaps for asking. I am going to say to the facebook group post anyway you want ie the easiest to the facebook group now has well over 500 members joined in the last 2 days! So I will not be trying to tell people how or where to to put stuff as there are far too many who have basic computer skills. I prefer links to blog posts as then it is outside of facebook as some people don’t want to be in the facebook group. Outside, on a blog is actually more sharing if you know what I mean. However I think many people will post a picture in the feed only – even then you watch privacy settings will mean that only their friends see it. It is public group so people outside can see it but those who are not on facebook are not going to know the implications of that. As you can see it’s a bit complicated so with facebook I throw my hands in the air and I say share as you like!

15. Pamela says:

Thank you for starting this again. In recent weeks I have been trying to catch up on some of the later TAST stitches, but I want to start from the beginning!
    I have used the fly stitch on two projects in the last few months. One was my sewing machine cover and the fly stitch was sea weed (dark red thread in front of the yellow coral, seen in the second to last photo) – http://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.jp/2015/05/monday-morning-star-count-umi-ga-suki.html
    The other is a scarf that is in progress (the hot pink) -http://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.jp/2015/06/scarf-progress.html

Next week I plan to start new with TAST stitches. Thank you!

I am in the thinking process of making a stitch book in this challenge. your online classes are wonderful inspiration now. the samplers worked in the earlier challenges are here-
    Chitra

17. Thanks Sharon! I have signed up for TAST in other years and fallen by the wayside 🙁
    This time I’m hoping for plain sailing, or should that be “consistently stitching”

18. jo says:

I joined in a few years ago and loved it, thanks so much for starting again.

19. Lesley Kuhn says:

Thanks Sharon! Here we go! The Stitching is on!

20. vijayalakshmi says:

wow Happy again Tuesday stitch……

21. Carol Mecham says: