I am doing a little jig around the kitchen because I have another work in progress report. Since I did not expect to be able to get much stitching done I am a happy old chook waving two more Diamond quilt blocks around.
As usual click on the images and it will take you to a larger version. Once on that page if you click on the magnify icon in the top right hand area of the picture section, it will often take you to a larger image again.
Both Blocks are dark. As you can see the first has many farago roses
This is the second block of the week
I thought people might like to see a close up. As you can see all stitches are basic and any beginner could work all of these.
The back story
If you are interested in the back story of this quilt and seeing photos of each block as it was made browse the posts in the Diamond block crazy quilt category
Posts on How to assemble a Crazy Quilt which include;
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 1 – Trimming the blocks, joining and a construction technique that means the seams sit flat.
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 2 – Working in Sections
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 3 – Tying the quilt sandwich with no stitches visible from the front and adding a border
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 4 – Adding a false back
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 5 – Catching the false back and binding.
Online Crazy Quilting Classes:
Just a quick reminder for those who are interested in taking a class with me. You will find all my classes listed under the top tab imaginatively titled Classes online you will also find information on how online classes are run.