Hi all here I am waving two more diamond blocks around with a silly expression on my face that really says “Am I a good girl or what?”
This week I had one more light block. There is a couple more light diamonds and I am done. In fact I am really on the homeward stretch now.
This darker block I am very pleased to see done as it has been pinned up on my ‘thinking’ board for months. For some reason I had a block with this that would not shift at all! I decided to sit at it until done. I did it and it is OK now. I am sure every crazy quilt has a block was a battle.
I thought you would like a detail.
Just a reminder for those who have not see it. This is how the diamonds will be set. These are the blocks right at the start of the process as they are pieced but not yet embellished.
The blocks measure 15 cm (6 inches) across the middle on short crossing and 27 cm (10.5 inches) across the long section and I plan to set them in a tumbling block pattern.
The back story
If you are interested in the back story of this quilt and seeing photos of each block as it was made browse the posts in the Diamond block crazy quilt category
Posts on How to assemble a Crazy Quilt which include;
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 1 – Trimming the blocks, joining and a construction technique that means the seams sit flat.
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 2 – Working in Sections
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 3 – Tying the quilt sandwich with no stitches visible from the front and adding a border
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 4 – Adding a false back
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 5 – Catching the false back and binding.
Online Crazy Quilting Classes:
Just a quick reminder for those who are interested in taking a class with me. You will find all my classes listed under the top tab imaginatively titled Classes online you will also find information on how online classes are run.