If you are looking for tutorials Check my Stitch Dictionary first
Also see my free stitchers worksheets
Tutorials and Resources for hand embroiderers.
A tutorial on how to work decorative crazy quilt seams this is a comprehensive tutorial that I converted to a pdf file (a link to the download is in the article) When I converted it I realised how comprehensive it was. At 19 pages of information it is a resource worth investigating!
For free crazy quilt block patterns visit the CQ Details FAQ which houses links to series of articles.
How to bind and use an embroidery hoop This article covers not only binding a hoop but, what size to use and how to tension it for surface embroidery.
12 Surface Stitches for Beginners This is a direct PDF download You need Acrobat reader to read it.
Also in my stitchers tutorials I have written a series of posts on How to assemble a Crazy Quilt includes
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 1 – Trimming the blocks, joining and a construction technique that means the seams sit flat.
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 2 – Working in Sections
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 3 – Tying the quilt sandwich with no stitches visible from the front and adding a border
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 4 – Adding a false back
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 5 – Catching the false back and binding.
Studio Journalling Tutorials
From Studio Journal Design to Embroidery
- Work in Progress Wednesday: A file cover part 1
- Work in Progress Wednesday: A file cover part 2
- Work in Progress Wednesday: A file cover part 3
- Work in Progress Wednesday: A File cover part 4
How to make fabric from scrap thread (what I did with the contents of my Orts Jar)
Products I use (I am not affiliated nor was I paid to review these items)