Just a reminder of some of the resources on this site!
Crazy quilting and Hand Embroidery
This series of posts on How to assemble a Crazy Quilt includes
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 1 – Trimming the blocks, joining and a construction technique that means the seams sit flat.
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 2 – Working in Sections
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 3 – Tying the quilt sandwich with no stitches visible from the front and adding a border
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 4 – Adding a false back
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 5 – Catching the false back and binding.
12 Surface Stitches for Beginners This is a direct PDF download You need Acrobat reader to read it.
A tutorial on how to make a Ric Rac Rose
Crease free Silk Ribbon Storage
How to make a 5 pointed ribbon flower
How to stitch a silk ribbon Farago Rose
How to Transfer Embroidery patterns to fabric
Some tips on choosing a Visual Journal
Adding pages to a wire bound journal
Art Journal Technique Gesso as base
From Studio Journal Design to Embroidery
- Work in Progress Wednesday: A file cover part 1
- Work in Progress Wednesday: A file cover part 2
- Work in Progress Wednesday: A file cover part 3
- Work in Progress Wednesday: A File cover part 4
Dueling Fiddlers from photo to stitch
Tips for managing large projects.
How to make fabric from scrap thread (what I did with the contents of my Orts Jar)
Tips for using Chenille thread
How to use transfer dyes to print on synthetic fabric.
Skeining and tying off threads to dye
Products I use (I am not affiliated nor was I paid to review these items)
Mistyfuse is fantastic a product review
Grip-n-Stitch embroidery frame review
Free Stitchers Worksheets
Please note: There are two versions one is A4 size and the other is US letter size.
These files are in PDF format and you will need Adobe reader to view them. The PDF reader is free from Adobe you can get it from here
Module 1 contains
- Back Stitch
- Buttonhole Stitch
- Herringbone Stitch
Download A4 Module 1 free
Download US letter Module 1 free
Module 2 contains
- Chevron Stitch
- Cretan Stitch
- Couching Stitch
Download A4 module 2 free
Download US letter module 2 free
Module 3 contains
- Chain Stitch
- Detached Chain Stitch
- Fly Stitch
Download A4 module 3 free
Download US letter module 3 free
Module 4 contains
- Feather Stitch
- Running Stitch
- Stem Stitch
Download A4 module 4 free
Download US Letter module 4 free
For information about my other worksheets see the stitchers worksheets tab and these are the modules that are for sale.