I hope people are still enjoying these diamond blocks. I am in a little bit of a routine with them now. Here are the next few. As usual if you click on the images you can go to a larger version and when on that page click on the magnify glass icon in the top right to see things even larger.
I enjoyed this blue one and had fun with a the silk ribbon roses and beads embellished over this hand dyed lace.
The next seam is also a lace treatment. As you can see it was dyed in the same dye batch and I have included some long bugle beads, some novelty butterfly beads to add an bit extra to the silk ribbon roses.
This next block is of a totally different colour scheme and is fairly simple
You can see in this close up that I have zig-zag chain over some ric-rac. I have embellished this further with seed beads and then topped off the hills with alternating flower motifs. The first is made made of cast-on stitch the second four french knots. The other blue and less obvious seam is a simple treatment of chevron stitch.
This seam has little embroidery stitches in it. First I established the pattern with a row of beads then I couched a red metallic braid in a zig zag line. I then added more beads.
The back story
If you are interested in the back story of this quilt and seeing photos of each block as it was made browse the posts in the Diamond block crazy quilt category
Posts on How to assemble a Crazy Quilt which include;
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 1 – Trimming the blocks, joining and a construction technique that means the seams sit flat.
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 2 – Working in Sections
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 3 – Tying the quilt sandwich with no stitches visible from the front and adding a border
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 4 – Adding a false back
- Assembling a crazy quilt part 5 – Catching the false back and binding.
Online Crazy Quilting Classes:
Just a quick reminder for those who are interested in taking a class with me. You will find all my classes listed under the top tab imaginatively titled Classes online you will also find information on how online classes are run.