I think this block is a little more interesting than the last block. Since it is one of the blocks that never made it to the I dropped the Button Box gallery, I hope people will enjoy seeing it.
When I put images of this quilt online, I never got around to adding about 30 blocks to the gallery site . This was mainly because they were hard to photograph but our camera has improved. Since there are 100 blocks in the quilt it means nearly a third of the blocks have not been seen much. This is of course one of the reasons I was so easily talked into documenting this quilt on this blog. So here is the first of many blocks that have not been seen.
Here is the diagram.
- Piece 1: Silk
- Piece 2: A quilters cotton with a silver print on it
- Piece 3: A quilters cotton
- Piece 4: Polyester cotton mix found in a swatch book scavenged from a curtain shop here in Canberra.
- Piece 5: A quilters cotton
- Piece 6: Polyester from a blouse (recycled fabric)
- Piece 7: A quilters cotton
- Piece 8: Polyester found in a swatch book scavenged from the same curtain shop here in Canberra.
- Fabric: 8 Pieces
- Braid: 1 (ric rac)
- Lace: 1
- Buttons: 7
- Charms: 2
- Total items on block: 20
- Total tally on Quilt so far 42
What is the back story?
This regularly published series aims to illustrate and document the hand embroidered seams, embellishments and decorations on my crazy quilt I dropped the button box. All articles are categorised in the projects under Crazy Quilt details which enables readers to browse back through the series.
Free Crazy quilt block patterns
In the process of documenting the seam decorations on this quilt, as I get to each block I am diagramming it out for readers as a free crazy quilt pattern. Links to these free pattern pages are listed on the CQ details FAQ page.